Friday, May 3, 2013

Patches the Pirate Puppy


This weekend is a birthday party for a super sweet little boy who is turning 2 :o) I wanted to make him something special...and something no one else would be bringing to the party. The back story is we had gone to a birthday party and the child opened up toy after toy and half of them seemed to be the same thing...the parents were going to be exchanging quite a few things. So I decided then to try and only give handmade gifts. I know when the kids rip open their presents that they're not going to be quite as excited about what I give...I mean there's never any bells or whistles, nothing beeps or flashes at them...I get that. But I trust that eventually after a lot of the other things have broken or the batteries have died, that then they'll pick up what I give them and enjoy it. :o) 

So this little boy is a big fan of pirates...and I know parrots are the usual pirate pal...but I thought a pirate puppy would be awfully cute too. Hopefully he will too! :o)
  

1 comment:

  1. Cute! The theme of my baby boy's nursery will be pirate puppies, so I definitely want to sew a pirate puppy for him!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete