Friday, April 12, 2013

Bird On A Wire Burp Cloth Commission


After posting the picture of my first Bird On A Wire burp cloth I received a message from a friend asking if I could make her two for her grandson. I was thrilled to! This is my first official sale after starting Pink Elephant Quilts :-D 


After making the additional burp cloths and studying the heart appliques, I decided I was not convinced the iron on bonder was going to hold up to a baby and multiple washes. It was stuck on...but when it comes to babies, you can't be too safe...so I decided to blanket stitch around the hearts. I love the look of the blanket stitch over the more common satin stitch. 

These burp cloths are sold, but I'd love to make some especially for you! Just send me a message at PinkElephantQuilts@gmail.com :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment