Friday, April 26, 2013

Thin Blue Line Quilt For Sale



I am SO excited to finally be able to offer this quilt for sale!! I love being able to combine my passions...thanking and honoring our Defenders, and quilting! :-D




The quilt is 56x46 inches. The front is pieced with 5 different black print cotton fabrics and a solid blue cotton. The back is blue Anti-Pill fleece. This means that the quilt is warm and soft, easy machine wash and tumble dry...and the Anti-pill keeps it looking nice, not old sweat shirts after a few washings ;o)  The binding is black solid cotton and is machine stitched for durability. The entire quilt is made to last a lifetime. Every bit of it was made by me...from picking the fabrics, to making and ironing binding before sewing it on.



I am the daughter of a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer)...and so when inspiration struck and I knew I was to make quilts to honor our Defenders, I had to start with those nearest and dearest to my heart. :o)  I remember well the swing shifts changing every 28 days, the missed programs at school, the New Years and holidays that we were never all together...and of course the constant thought of just the sheer danger of the job in the back of all our minds. I'm not sure it can be understood unless you are part of the LEO family...we're just a bit different. ;o) But VERY proud! And we should be...it's an honorable job that gets very little respect from others, and we all know no one does it for the pay. lol I am so thankful to be a LEOD!! :-D


And with that, I also understand the safety and privacy issues that come with the job. I assure you that when you purchase, your information is kept private and secure! All of your information will be seen by only me, for this purpose only, never sold or shared in ANY way. Packaging will be a large plain bag.




Cost is $125 for the quilt. Shipping will be the exact price of the packaging materials and the cost of postage, the quilt weighs two pounds. If I overcharge you, then I will refund the difference if it is $1 or more.

Also, if you send me a patch, I will sew it in the center of the thin blue line for NO charge...just the stamp to send it to me. :o) If you'd like another quilt more personalized with badge numbers, patches, etc...I'd love to work with you to design your own quilt! Just leave me a comment or send me an email at PinkElephantQuilts@gmail.com :o)

Thank you for taking a look, and if you are a LEO, or the family of one, thank you for your service!











No comments:

Post a Comment