Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Thin Blue Line Quilt Top Finished



I decided to go for it...Instead of just in the right corner though, I decided to go straight across the bottom...and I'm loving it! :-D It's my first large applique project, and it went really well!  I was a bit concerned about the stitching coming undone with repeated washings and such...so after all the blanket stitching I took a needle, moved each thread to the back, and then did some extra knotting to be sure that everything would stay secure. If I wanted a quilt that would fall apart I could buy one from Walmart...that's not what I'm going for here! ;o)



Here you can see the blanket stitch that I used around all of the letters. I liked that it looked like bars...it reminded me of the place the bad guys should be behind! lol












Here it is all pieced and stitched. I need to go ahead and wash it, and then add the batting and backing, which I'm thinking may be a piece of matching blue fleece right now...and then it'll be ready for the home of a Defender :-D I still think it would look great with a police department patch in the middle of that blue line...but that will be up to the person who buys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment