Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sherbert Smiles Top Pieced


Sherbert Smiles is pieced! :-D Oh it makes me happy! I thought about adding an owl or something to it...but really, I think it would just be an odd distraction with so much going on in the center block section. It's the perfect toddler/crib size. 

I'll be sending this to a long arm quilter to be finished. This will be the first piece she does for me...so I'm very excited. I met her at the local Quilt Show last week before heading out of town. She had beautiful work there, and has won awards for her quilting. :o) Best of all she she is local, and very reasonably priced. I have a feeling we will be working together quite a bit! 

Because of the very high cost of long arm quilting machines (you could buy a brand new car for what most of them cost!), it isn't something that I will be able to do for quite awhile. Finding a reasonable, but GOOD, long arm quilter was very important to me because that cost has to be added in to the pricing of my quilts. I'm excited about the possibilities this will open up for finishing my quilts! So many hours are put into the selection of fabric, cutting, sewing etc...that to not have them finished in the best way really would be a shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment