Friday, April 12, 2013

Cup Cozies


One of the things I love about sewing is having someone say "I would love to have <fill in the blank>, could you make that for me?" And then being able to do so! 

My sister has wanted a cup cozy for her coffee shop addiction. I was able to make a couple, and plan to make more over the weekend. They're great not only for hot cups of coffee, but those cold drinks that have a tendency to sweat as well. I made them out of 100% cotton with the exception of the small elastic piece...so you can throw them in the washing machine and dryer with no problems. As an added bonus, you're doing something good for the environment. :o)


If you have a certain favorite color or design you would like, send me a message...I'll see what I can find for you! :o)

5 comments:

  1. Okay, how weird is this? I started working on the very same thing this past week. We have brilliant minds, Laura! LOL!! Love yours. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do? I'll take that!! :-D lol Thank you...you know, you've been such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks Laura. How has it been going? Any sales?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! :-D I'm so excited...before I even had Pink Elephant Quilts launched one of my friends saw the Bird On A Wire burp cloth I had made and ordered two for her grandson. :-D My first official sale! This morning I received an order for a double flannel receiving blanket with pink. And then there's my sisters cup cozy. :o) So a great start...now just praying that it'll keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo hoo!!!! I was tell Dan the other day that I'll go for weeks without a sale and just want to forget the whole thing. Then all of the sudden, I'll get a few in a row and get all gung-ho about sewing only to have another few weeks go by with no sales. It definitely is an up and down business!

      Delete